If you've found this page, then your life is about to change. Playing a musical instrument is one of the most rewarding things you will ever do.
The top 5 reasons for learning to play a musical instrument.
- 01 It will make you smarter. Learning to play an instrument stimulates the brain, improving functions like memory and abstract reasoning skills, which are essential for maths and science.
- 02 Your social life will improve. Playing an instrument isn’t only good for your brain, it’s also great for expanding your social circle (sorry, pianists and organists). Joining a brass band at any age encourages you to develop relationships with new kinds of people.
- 03 You will have lower stress and anxiety. Music keeps you calm. It has a unique effect on our emotions, and has even been proven to lower heart rate and blood pressure
- 04 You will become more disciplined and learn time management. Learning music takes time and effort, and helps children understand that if they want to be good at something, they’ll need to put in the hours and organise their time effectively.
- 05 You will have fun ! We can harp on about all the scientifically accurate benefits to learning a musical instrument – but what matters most is that it’s enjoyable for the player.